PR2 (Digital Empowerment: Training program for higher education teachers, trainers and educational leaders) aims to address the need for resilience and increased capacity of HEI teachers to manage an effective shift towards digital education, to use emerging technologies up to their full potential while employing instructional design strategies.
Digital Empowerment is a self-paced course. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Clarify how different groups (e.g. underprivileged or underrepresented) experience and benefit or are excluded from digital education,
- Create engaging eLearning content based on inclusive learning experience design principles,
- Generate design of concepts for SL activities based on inspiration from challenges, enablement, successes, and motivations of underprivileged persons,
- Elaborate key areas of opportunity for disruptive emerging technologies to support broader equity and inclusion efforts in online learning environments,
- Make critical value judgements of ICT in building digital learning culture by considering existing and emerging pedagogies, digital mindfulness techniques, teaching methods and learning activities,
- Apply and evaluate 4 course material presentation approaches (storytelling; scenario-based approach; toolkit approach; demonstration-practice) to create engaging eLearning content,
- Adapt your (digital) courses to improve inclusivity,
- Identify possible barriers that underprivileged or underrepresented groups can experience.