PR6 (Virtual European Hub for Service-Learning and Digital Empowerment) aims to create a place for dissemination of knowledge on service-learning and digital empowerment in Europe, and enable a culture of promotion of inclusion and diversity and public articulation of university community partnership through service-learning. The European hub will facilitate the exchange, flow and co-creation of knowledge on digital empowerment, inclusion, diversity and service-learning in Europe and act as a dissemination tool for innovative methods, learning and teaching materials, attracting more stakeholders to contribute to the growth of the content base. It will be created for all stakeholders (project partner universities, other higher education (HE) institutions in their countries, community organizations, national service-learning networks) that want to exchange and co-create knowledge in Service-Learning (SL) and Digital Empowerment (DE) across and beyond the EU. The European hub will allow all registered users to list their needs, describe their projects for potential collaborators, and offer their expertise. They are able to browse the database of collaborators and the database of projects with a specific set of keywords. The content of the Hub will be dynamically updatable by partners and registered users.
- groups/individuals that deliver service-learning and/or digital education (teachers and trainers);
- groups/individuals that set, influence and/or support others delivering service-learning and/or digital education (educational leaders) that aim to consolidate their institutional and national commitments.
Since there is a deficit of knowledge related to consolidation of institutional and national commitments to service-learning on the European level, the innovation of this result comes from two items:
- it will serve as a consolidation point to bring together service-learning and digital empowerment experts at the national and international scale,
- it will become a one-stop-shop for best practices and resources, or repository for service-learning and digital empowerment assessment and monitoring of progress in and beyond Europe.
The following tools and resources will be developed and made available through the Hub:
- Service-Learning, Inclusion, Diversity and Digital Empowerment Manifesto
- Digital Empowerment: Training program for teachers, trainers and educational leaders
- Online World Café for teachers, trainers and educational leaders
- MOOC: Digital competence, fluency, intelligence and engagement of HEI students
- Repository of Stories of Success (and Failure) in Service-Learning and Digital Empowerment
- Database of Digital Empowerment experts and Service-Learning mentors
- “Success and Failure in inclusion, diversity, and digital empowerment through service-learning” report
- Communication Channels